Hello socially distant friends! Here we are, the beginning of week three. Yesterday was a tough day for me but I’ve feeling more positive today. I am keeping myself busy with blogs, graphic design commissions, workouts and crafts. But of course, the backbone of this self-isolation period is television. Whether you watch cable, netflix, hulu, disney + etc, we an all say our time in front of the tv has increased since we’ve not been able to leave the house. And honestly, I’m grateful for the tv, I always have been. When I lived alone, it felt like I had friends over when I had the TV on.
Since the shows we watch can take us anywhere in the world from our couch, and we aren’t allowed to do real traveling right now, I thought I would suggest some movies that could transport you to some far off places and help you forget quarantine for a few hours. I consulted with my fellow expat ladies and this is the list we came up with. I’ve included the method on which you can watch it and the type of movie it is. (Links in the title are to the IMDB descriptions of the movies.) I hope this helps pass some time in the coming weeks. Love from the farm.
- Monty Python’s Life of Brian – Comedy – Watch it on Netflix*
- What a Girl Wants – Teen Romantic Comedy – Watch it on Netflix
- Peter Rabbit – Family Comedy – Watch it on Netflix
- Mary Poppins – Family – Watch it on Disney +
- Mary Poppins Returns – Family – Watch it on Disney +
- Raiders of the Lost Ark – Action Adventure – Watch it on Amazon Prime Video**
- Les Miserables – Drama – Watch it on Netflix
- Chocolat – Romantic Drama – Watch it on HBO Go
- Moulin Rouge – Romantic Drama/Musical – Watch it on HBO Go
- Ratatouille – Family – Watch it on Disney +
- Eat, Pray, Love (also India and Bali) – Romantic – Watch it on Netflix
- The Two Popes – Drama – Watch it on Netflix
- Angels and Demons – Action Adventure – Watch it on Netflix
- Inferno – Action Adventure – Watch it on Netflix
- Queer Eye: We’re in Japan!^ – Make Over show – Watch it on Netflix
- Falling Inn Love – Romantic Comedy – Watch it on Netflix
- Moana – Family – Watch it on Disney +
United States of America
- Into the Grand Canyon – Documentary – Watch it on Disney +
- The Dawn Wall – Documentary – Watch it on Netflix
- Wild – Adventure – Watch it on Netflix
*Note that these are what are available on UK Netflix, it may or may not be available in your country.
**Not on Prime in the UK but it says it’s Prime in the States. I love this movie so wanted to include it.
^Not a movie, but I love the Queer Eye Guys. They are amazing people and you get to see a whole different side of the world when you watch the Japan version.
One Comment Add yours
Ty for these suggestions! 🙂